- $10aDay ROADMAP Briefing
May 20, 2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Rita Chudnovsky & Sharon Gregson
Virtual – Zoom
Link will be provided ahead of date.
Join us for a presentation and briefing from the Coalition of Child Care Advocates of BC and the Early Childhood Educators of BC’s ROADMAP for $10aDay Child Care in BC (www.10aday.ca). The ROADMAP outlines how BC’s government can delivery on key child care commitments they made in the 2020 provincial election:
- Bring $10aDay to More Families
- Provide Universal Access to before and after school care on School Grounds
- Ensure Early Childhood Educators are a well supported Profession
- Move Child Care to the Ministry of Education
- Protect Child Care in Law
- Create a new Child Care Capital Program
The ROADMAP is put forward in full support of the rights of First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples to design, develop, and deliver early care and learning services that meet their needs and acknowledge that Indigenous communities have and may evolve services in directions other than those outlined in this Roadmap, creating models to learn from and strive for.
The ROADMAP builds on the principles in the $10aDay Plan and provides concrete policy and funding strategies for two parallel paths. One that supports the transition of current providers into $10aDay programs; the other that creates new $10aDay services in a systemic way.