- Workshop: Creating an Inspiring and Engaging Program for Children - Factors for Success
9 June 2023
11:20 am - 1:00 pm
Completion certificates are emailed at the end of conference to email provided.
REGISTRATION: 11:20 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
WORKSHOP: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Virtual – Zoom
What factors go into supporting a program that children look forward to attending and staff are inspired by?
Join the PACE Outreach Service team as we explore together through an interactive workshop what enriches and strengthens our school age program environments.
An environment is a living, changing system. More than the physical space, it includes the way time is structured and the roles we are expected to play. It conditions how we feel, think and behave; and it dramatically affects the quality of our lives. – Jim Greenman
Inspired by the words of the late Early Childhood educator and author Jim Greenman (Caring Spaces, Learning Spaces: Children’s Environments that Work) we will:
- Celebrate the role of school age programs, their value in the lives of families in our communities.
- Recognize the many challenges that our programs face.
- We will talk about how our schedules, routines, policies and procedures, interactions between participants, families and staff, and our physical environment can work to provide structure and positive outcomes in our settings.
- In small groups, our team will facilitate deeper conversation through guided questions that will stimulate new thoughts and ideas about the work that we do.
We look forward to spending ninety minutes focusing on school age programs through the lens of these interconnected environments.
The PACE Outreach Support Services Team: Deborah Mollica, Paul Gordon, Meaghan Kristensen, Anna Lui, Karen Neufeld, and Chantelle Plunkett.