- AGM + Being Outdoors: Connecting Children with Nature, Especially During COVID-19 Workshop
January 28, 2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Please join us from 10am-10:30am for SACCA’s Annual General Meeting about our mission and work, then stay for our workshop from 10:30am-12:00pm: In partnership with the Vancouver & Burnaby Supported Child Development Program, SACCA presents NatureKidsBC to explore how we can care for children while connecting outdoors with nature, particularly through the restrictions of the COVID-19 pandemic. We intend to create a space for dialogue and idea-sharing on the topics of:
- the benefits of children’s outdoor learning and play
- mindsets to carry when supporting children’s outdoor learning and play
- common challenges to prepare for overcoming
- selected samples of outdoor learning/play activities and ways to find more
Christina Chowaniec is the Program Coordinator of NatureKidsBC and has a biology degree and a background in planning and delivering outdoor adventure tours and expeditions.
Rebecca Clapperton Law is the Executive Director of NatureKidsBC and the mother of three middle-school kids that trail-run, camp, swim, build stuff, de-construct stuff, grow stuff in the veg garden – there is no end to playful adventures in Nature!